Same uy, different ux
- All three projectiles have the same vertical motion since they have the same initial vertical velocity uy.
- Since the time of flight is the same, the horizontal range is proportional to horizontal velocity ux.
Same ux, different uy
- The maximum height is proportional to uy2.
- All three projectiles actually move forward at the same speed since they have the same horizontal velocity ux.
- But the horizontal range is also dependent on uy, resulting in the horizontal range being also proportional ot uy.
Same θ, different u
- Both the maximum height and horizontal range are proportional to u2.
Same u, different θ
- Increasing θ results in increasing uy but decreasing ux.
- The projectile launched at θ = 15° lands at the spot at the once launched at θ = 75°. This is because even though it moves forward at a higher speed, it stays in flight for a shorter time.
- The maximum range is attained at θ = 45°.